What We're Reading: Lead More, Control Less by Marvin Weisbord & Sandra Janoff
Marv Weisbord and Sandra Janoff have done it again. In Lead More, Control Less they have distilled a lifetime of work into an extremely practical and accessible book. Weisbord and Janoff have identified eight essential leadership skills that work. They are:
- Control Structure, Not People
- Let Everyone Be Responsible
- Consider Anxiety "Blocked Excitement"
- Avoid "Taking it Personally"
- Disrupt Fight or Flight
- Include the Right People
- Experience the "Whole Elephant"
- Surface Unspoken Agreements
These skills are critical skills when it comes to leading organizational change. If you are a leader or someone who works with leaders, this book is the only guide you need. Don’t start your journey without it.